Terms & Conditions
These license terms are an agreement between IDEE GmbH or IDEE Limited (“IDEE”) and you. Please read them. They apply to the IDEE Software, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any IDEE
- Internet-based services, and
- Support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply. By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software. If you comply with these license terms, you have the perpetual rights below.
1. Installation and use rights
- Installation and Use. You may install and use the software on your device.
- Third Party Programs. The software may be included in third party programs that IDEE licenses to use the software
2. Internet-based services
IDEE provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time. The software connects to services and computer systems over the Internet, including third party Internet sites; using the software operates as your consent to the transmission of standard device information (including but not limited to technical information about your device, system, and application software, and peripherals) for Internet-based services. If other terms are presented in connection with your use of services accessed using the software (e.g. by a third-party service), those terms also apply. You may not use these services in any way that could harm them or impair anyone else’s use of them. You may not use the services to try to gain unauthorized access to any service, data, account or network by any means.
3. Scope of License
The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. IDEE reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not:
- Work around any technical limitations in the software;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- Make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
- Publish the software for others to copy;
- Rent, lease or lend the software;
- Transfer the software or this agreement to any third party.
Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal and reference purposes in relation to the usage of this software.
5. Export Restrictions
The software is subject to German export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use.
6. Entire Agreement
This agreement, and the terms for updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
7. Applicable Law
German law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
8. Data Management
This explains what device data is transmitted to IDEE when you’re using this mobile application (app) or the self-service portal (SSP) and how IDEE manages them.
- This app doesn’t have any access to cell phone data.
- During registration, the phone's system language is sent to the IDEE server and it's stored as part of the user's information. This is only used to set the correct language on the app and SSP.
- The email address you provided when registering on this app is only used to identify you. Only a salted hash of the email address is ever stored on the IDEE server. Hash is a one-way function that cannot be reversed. This means that even if IDEE is breached, your email address is still protected.
- This app needs permission to use the phone camera. The phone camera permission is explicitly granted by the user and its only used for scanning QR codes.
- This app’s version and operating system (OS) and IP address are transmitted to the IDEE server. This information is stored for seven (7) days as part of the access logs and then deleted, except in case of an identified attack – then the data has to be stored longer for security investigation purposes.
All communications between the app (or SSP) and the IDEE server happens via a secure authenticated channel using transport layer security (TLS).
These data are required for the functioning of the app and for security purposes.
10. Legal Effect
This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
11. Disclaimer of Warranty
The software is licensed “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it. IDEE gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights or statutory guarantees under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, IDEE excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
12. Limitation on and exclusion of remedies and damages
You cannot recover any damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to:
- Anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third-party programs; and
- Claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if IDEE knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.